Monday 13 August 2012

Western Isles Day 1

We're Romin' in the Gloamin' dah dah dah dada daah. The mist is on the hills. Tonight we camp below Ben Nevis. The old woman has her hat on so wee canna see her summit. Let me introduce the crew to you on our first day. They are all from the States. We have Gwen [PIC],

communing with horse on the side of Loch Voil (we decided to go through Rob Roy Country).


We have Sue, communing with herbs as we get into the depths of Glencoe.[PIC]



And mother and son, Judy and Gabe, digging the depths of Glencoe:
As usual, we like to get the words of the guests where we can.

Judy: The journey up to the highlands just filled me with the history of Scotland. The names of the many places became a reality in my mind. Very breath-taking, and filled me with awe for the life of all who live here. I just love the flowers and the drama of the mountains of the Highlands. There is no way to describe this area; only through experience. I am ready to continue walking through this great land.